Monday, September 22, 2008

Sweat Shops 1

This topic is vary difficult for me to answer because of my career path. I do not agree with the way that sweat shops have been operating, but I ask myself what other way could they operate. I know that there are sweat shops that do believe in protecting their workers. I know some companies that do believe in providing good quality service to their workers such as housing, lower hours and in somecases medical care. Then again there are still companies out there that still require long extensive hours, low pay, and are inhumane. I also think that globalizing is a hurting not only foreign countries but the US as well. Globalization could be more job opportunity for many Americans. The low pay hurts many foreign countries and leaves many women away from their homes. I feel that companies should not worry about making high profits but worry more about the lives of those who help make their companies a success.

No comments: